|Easy Cheesy Chicken Breasts
||[Jul. 26th, 2007|10:44 pm]
Super Healthy Food for Busy / Low-Energy People
I'll admit it, I'm horrible in the kitchen...but I'm learning.|
Out of boredom/creativity, I've messed around with a few recipes, and ended up making something absolutely delicious.
- Chicken breast (as many as you need) (partially frozen is fine if you cut a few slits in the breast)
- garlic powder
- cheese of choice (I prefer colby jack...a 1 pound block will be enough for a decently sized family)
- butter/margarine (1 1/2 Tbsp per breast)
- Parmesan cheese (bread crumbs work, but add less flavor)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a casserole dish with aluminum foil. Wash chicken breasts and cut off any large fatty pieces. Place butter/margarine as evenly over chicken as possible. Dust with garlic, salt, pepper, and a light coating of parmesan or bread crumbs. Place in over for about 45 minutes or until chicken is evenly cooked. Butter will melt to keep chicken moist.
- Slice cheese and coat chicken with enough to cover completely when melted. Turn oven to 450 degrees and wait about 10 minutes. (Or until cheese melts completely and bubbles slightly)
- Wait a minute to cool and enjoy!
Seriously, if I can make this, anyone can! (Use more garlic and parm if you don't want to coat with cheese). Goes great with any pasta side dish and veggies! Even cheap frozen breasts are delicious like this. For a full meal for two with some leftovers, it can cost as little as $2-3!